Not. I’ve got a larger post going on this topic, but car dashboard ‘ownership’ will take a long while to move any money or power around in tech, and may never happen.
- Cars are replaced infrequently, and less frequently over time.
- Smartphones may become the dashboard, at least from a value-added services perspective.
- Car sharing and similar services accelerate both trends.
- And most importantly, just about every private car owner on the planet already has a smartphone. Their behavior is spoken for.
Well, sure. But a) I didn’t say likely, I said good, for the owner anyway; and b) that said, living rooms don’t have quite the same concentration of manufacturing and distribution that cars do, last time I checked.
Ask a BMW owner with an iPhone integration how they feel about Lightning connectors.
i took ‘owner’ differently. BMW was not in the running.
- gregcohn reblogged this from rafer
- rafer reblogged this from gregcohn
- omniar reblogged this from gregcohn
- sawickipedia likes this
- gregcohn posted this
Posted 9 January 2013 at 12h53 |  5 notes and Comments