In August, @tedr introduced me to these three guys, who founded Omniar in 2009 and earned a spot in last summer’s Techstars class. I started helping out in November and experienced an acute recurrence of startup disease. I took the CEO gig on 14-January and have been working quietly for a few weeks to get my side of things up and running.
Location must reflect human experience, and GPS comes up very short. Omniar has the tech to upstage GPS in a huge fraction of mobile apps. We’ve got an app of our own to build in order to prove it and we’ll scale it up for every urban environment on Earth.
P.S. @businessinsider Thank you! Good timing on the Augmented Reality piece today from our POV. We’re not big on augmented reality but we are photogrammetry folks, and we’re happy to say that it works well now.
- iraida-swoager reblogged this from rafer
- gbattle likes this
- steve-poland likes this
- thebeeobee likes this
- micahbaldwin likes this
- gregcohn reblogged this from sawickipedia and added:
- donnaromer likes this
- sawickipedia reblogged this from rafer and added:
- joelaz said: congrats! sounds like a great opportunity.
- joelaz likes this
- jamesgross likes this
- msg likes this
- redcloud likes this
- caterpillarcowboy likes this
- tedr reblogged this from rafer and added:
- rafer posted this
Posted 3 February 2011 at 16h17 |  23 notes and Comments